Saturday, January 2, 2010

Let's Take A Walk!

Amos 3:3
"Do two walk together unless they agree to do so?"


"Walking together" has a much fuller meaning than just reaching a destination. It could mean, "I've got something to tell you." Or "We really need to talk!" Or "Let's go... (someplace) together." The high values of togetherness-walkers are: respect, harmony, and mutuality.
In my journeys, I find that I rarely want to go somewhere alone (it's the dilemma of the extrovert!).
That's what this blog is all about: traveling through life and having honest conversations about stuff that really matters.
Along the way...we'll get to know each other, stop to see the sights, enjoy some good food, make new friends, experience different cultures, and have some gut-busting laughs!

So..."Wanna go for a walk?"




11 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your blog...and I love your banner pic also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Dean - I look forward to reading your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALWAYS ENJOY YOUR TEACHINGS AND IN THE MANNER THAT YOU DELIVER THEM. I HAVE LEARNED AND GROWN QUITE A BIT SINCE I HAVE FIRT BEGAN ATTENDING HOPE CHAPEL GATEWAY. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to the 3 "J's": Josh, Jaimie, and Jamie for your comments and kind encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I like it. I'm excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jen. You are the 4th "J" person to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the blog. I would like to go for a walk sometime too. Its a great way of spending time with someone

    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dean, we need some recipes on here!! How about the one you cooked for Matt that you showed on Twitter ("so that he'll find his way home")? That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. finally got a chance to look at your blog...it's a fun and encouraging read! just like you! looking forward to "walking together" =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Su! Looking forward to your thoughts and commments along the way!

    ReplyDelete