Thursday, January 28, 2010

Every Day Should Be This Average


Today. An average day. I got up. Drank tea. Worked on my message. Went to the office. Called a hurting family. Ate lunch. Talked to Martin about stuff. Made some decisions. Went fishing. Caught (only) the sunset.

But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. Hebrews 3:13

The most exceptional part of my average day was when a close friend called to say that he just accepted an executive position in a large corporation. I still remember when his wife called to let me know that he just got laid off. That evening, Janet and I went to their house to listen to their anxieties and to promise them that they will never go hungry and will always have a place to stay. After some prayer with the family, we drove home more inspired and encouraged. He was "rock-solid". For 8 months, without a job, he was focused on Jesus...always trusting in God's provision. I'm glad he's my friend.

QUESTION: Who encouraged you Today? Who can you encourage Today?

1 comment:

  1. i think im missing the point of this blog. i dont understand why everyday should be that average. no good days? no bad days?

    ReplyDelete